View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curandros

re: The Ravens of Shadow and Flame

Hello Friends,

As some of you know, a few months back we had a pretty major scare in the Curandros household; our baby girl got incredibly ill and the doctors gave us the “prepare for the worst” speech—something terrifying for any parent to say the least. To our joy, however, our little Baby Cur pulled through into a complete recovery. The doctors at Radys Childrens’ Hospital here in San Diego were amazing and helped our daughter through every step of the way. To say that we’re grateful is an understatement.

In a feeble attempt to show my gratitude, I’ve decided to participate in the “Extra-Life 2015” campaign. Some of you are familiar with this, but for those of you who aren’t, basically gamers collect sponsors and participate in a 24-hour gaming marathon. It’s schedule for this year on November 7, but as that’s our baby girl’s birthday (and I know, it would be perfect to run it on that day) my wife has given me the no way for that day speech (she’s planning a special birthday party). As a result, I’ve decided to run my marathon on Saturday, October 24, which is also perfect as it is the date Frodo wakes up in Rivendell after recovering from his Morgul Blade scare.

To make things more interesting, I’ve decided to start a team this year, and students from my school will be joining. But I’d also LOVE to have any of you join the team as well. The mascot for my school is the raven, so I’ve dubbed our team the “Ravens of Shadow and Flame.” If you’d like to make a donation to our team, great! If you’d like to join our team, even better!!!

Please go to this website to join or donate: Ravens of Shadow and Flame Extra-Life 2015 

Of course, I’ll be playing LotRO for 24 hours, but you can play whatever you want. It would be a lot of fun if we got a “fellowship” together to run for some period of time over that 24-hour period, but I’m prepared to go solo (except when we’re raiding on Saturday night).

Jump to: